Saturday, February 23, 2008

"If it's war the Asians want..."

People, it's time to stop reporting racism only when it happens to blacks and whites--and with blacks, only sometimes; with whites, sometimes when it's not even racism. I want to see this on the news, and, trust me, I will be contacting stations:

http://media.www.thecampuspress.com/media/storage/paper1098/news/2008/02/18/Opinion/If.Its.War.The.Asians.Want-3216954.shtml

From Thecampuspress.com: Boulder's Online Independent Voice Since 1996
If it's war the Asians want...
It's war they'll get

Max Karson

Issue date: 2/18/08 Section:
Opinion

....That's when it hit me.

The Asian was so jaded by his experiences with the whitebread, brainless tree sloths of CU that even though three people had explained to him that he was trying to return the ball to the wrong court, it was inconceivable to him that we might be right.

And when he looked into my eyes, it wasn't just irritation and disgust that I saw-it was hate. Pure hate.

I'm such a fool for not realizing it sooner. I can't tell you how many times the Asians have treated me like a retarded weasel and I've forgiven them. But now I know that Asians are not just "a product of their environment," and their rudeness is not a "cultural misunderstanding."

They hate us all.

And I say it's time we started hating them back. That's right-no more "tolerance." No more "cultural sensitivity." No more "Mr. Pretend-I'm-Not-Racist."

It's time for war.

But we won't attack their bodies or minds. We will attack their souls....

And just in case you miss it, the opinion goes on to describe the racist plan for how, including (among other things) capturing Asians with nets, tieing them up, tickling them until they urinate, and giving ambiguous-looking people math problems to see if they're Asian. I'm sure it's a "joke," but I'm way past tired of the things white people seem to think are "funny," especially when it comes to racial & ethnic minorities. This is, yet, another example of racist whites playing the victim. This guy is too much of an idiot to realize that he basically told everyone that the reason Asians at Colorado respond to whites the way they do--the rather, if you ask me, innocuous way they do as opposed to the blatantly unabashed public display of racism by whites there, as evidenced and described by Karson--is because the white kids there started it. In other words, Asians at Colorado don't hate whites out of nowhere, I'm sure. Yet, whites somehow come out the victim in the whole thing and should "start a war" against Asians. It's "time to start hating them back." As always (in terms of history), whites hated first. Given Karson's response, he couldn't possibly be one of those whites who is naively mad because "racism is always wrong, no matter what."

Oh, yeah--feel free to e-mail Mr. Typical White Male, who actually has the nerve to be staff editor:
Contact Campus Press staff editor Max Karson at
max.karson@colorado.edu