Thursday, May 10, 2007

Various Personal Updates

Ever since I left school for the summer, I have found it difficult to post in my blog or to even read the blogs I usually like to read. I am hardly at a computer, and I don't feel like I have a lot of privacy right now, what, with being at my parents' house and all. Maybe things will get better once I finally move to Chicago and start working, or maybe that will make it even harder--who knows. Just so you know what's going on. Still, I'm pretty sure I will still be posting entries, so don't go away.

Quick updates:

-I mentioned a few days ago that I got a call from the police and was kind of freaked about it because I want to put the thing with LA Girl and me behind me. I got in touch with the police officer who is handling the issue with LA Girl and me, and he said he hadn't tried to contact me. I don't know who did or if there was some error with my phone, but no one has tried to call back from that police station.

-The hot straight woman at my school never contacted me, just as I suspected would happen. It was just bad timing with it being finals and the end of the semester, plus her graduating. I also knew I was leaving the state before she probably was, which would have made it nearly impossible for us to get together if she was going to wait until after finals to contact me.

-Nikki is trying online dating, and she is trying to get me to do it, too. I told her I don't like online dating because of past experiences--mainly being what I've learned does and doesn't work for me in terms of meeting someone more so than just writing the internet off because I met some bad people through it. Still, she got me started looking at ads, and I found one in which the woman is looking for something platonic but listed very similar interests as mine. Since I'm not interested in anything other than platonic relationships right now and do want to meet good people (I miss my friends from school/whom I met through school already), I sent an e-mail to give it a shot and see if she responds. She's a lesbian and is very into LGBT rights, so I'm curious how she feels about gays who aren't out. Perhaps we'll see--of course, I'll write back with more as it unfolds.

Time for bed.